2013年10月2日 星期三

My Neighbor Totoro


My Neighbor Totoro was released on April 16th,1988 in Japan. The story describes the beautiful natural world which existed before Japan’s high development of economy. It’s an amazing world that only the children can see it. This movie is popular because it raises audience’s memory of their home.
    

 This movie depicts the slow tempo in Japan’s country life. The story set in 1958.A university professor Tatsuo Kusakabe and his two daughter, Satsuki and Mei moved into an old house near the forest. The professor’s wife Yasuko is recovering in the hospital near there.



Susuwatari

Satsuki and Mei found something special in the house and in the neighbor. For example, there were a lot of “Susuwatari”, which looks like the liitle black ball. One day, Mei found the keeper of the forest,Totoro. The scene that impressed everyone most is the two sisters waiting catbus with Totoro.        

My Neighbor Totoro made Japanese animation popular in the world, also made Miyazaki become successful. Totoro to the Japanese just like Pooh to the English. This movie is so popular that there is a small planet is called Totoro. 




16 則留言:

  1. Totoro!!!
    When I was a child, I had a huge Totoro doll and it was very cute.
    I used to hugging it when I was sleeping.XD

    回覆刪除
  2. I love Miyazaki's animations.
    They are my childhood.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. It really surprised me that you like Totoro XD

      刪除
  3. The first time I saw Totoro was a long long ago, and I can just remember that I was fascinate by the cute Totoro then. It really reminds me about my childhood and my native land, Taitung, for it contains the breath-taking scene of country.

    回覆刪除
  4. hi, I'm 蘇民萱:)
    Totoro is my first Miyazaki Hayao’ film, I still remember the feeling I watched it.
    It was really touching! However, I knew little about Totoro before I read your article.
    I am looking forward to your next article!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Thank you!!
      I'll try my best to introduce more Miyazaki's films.

      刪除
  5. Totoro is the only film of Miyazaki's that I can watch it without using my brain!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Haha!! It's true. All we need to do is enjoy cute Totoro.

      刪除
  6. Totoro to to ro totoro to to ro~

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. XDD It seems that yoou really lihe the song.

      刪除
  7. Totoro's chubby tummy is really cute.
    Everyone can sing the theme song of it.

    Miyazaki Hayao is a animation master.
    What a pity that he is retired. =(

    回覆刪除